An expert’s perspective about best men’s electric shavers
Braun Series 9-9095cc Electric Shaver for Men
The Braun series 9-9095cc electric shaver is made by the renowned German manufacturer Braun which has quality as its watch word. The Braun series 9-9095 is cordless and works under both dry and wet conditioning. It comes with its own cleaning center which makes it quite different from the many electric shavers out there.
- It comes with its own cleaning unit. The Braun series 9-9095 is more than your orthodox electric shaver why? Well for one it comes with its own cleaning unit letting you clean the electric shaver without doing much work. All you would have to do is place the shaver in the cleaning unit and the unit takes care of the rest.
- The Braun series 9-9095 is very rugged. It works in both dry and wet conditions. It could be used dry or wet over the sink.
- The design of the Braun series 9-9095 lets the blades vibrate and move swiftly and smoothly over the skin with a speed of up to 40,000/min ensuring an efficient and picture perfect shave.
- The Braun Series 9-9095cc is very attractive with its grey in charcoal colored casting.
- The Braun Series 9-9095cc is rechargeable as it comes with a Li ion battery.
- It comes with its own cleaning unit which also houses its charging unit.
- It can be used for both dry and wet shaving.
- It is made by a German company renowned for their quality trade mark
- It is rechargeable and cordless, hence its guaranties mobility of the user.
- It is very expensive costing as much as $350.
- Its maintenance is very costly since it requires the user spending more than $20 on the unit oil and others.
Overall, the Braun 9-9095cc is one of the best electric shavers on the market. Its unique stylish design, cleaning unit, rechargeable battery, and cordless features makes it a solid buy.
The only and major downside to the Braun 9-9095cc is that it is costly not just to purchase but to maintain since it would cost the user $350 and a quarterly year maintenance cost of more than $20 so it’s not within the means of every man out there.
Panasonic ES-LA93-K, Arc4 Electric Razor, Men’s 4-Blade with Multi-Flex Pivoting Head and Dual Motor
Another top contender of the best men’s electric shaver is the Panasonic ES-LA93-K, Arc4 electric razor which packs some power. The shaver has a dual motor, alongside hyper effective Nanotech blades which are known to cut very accurately and cleanly through the root. The shaver features an Arc 4 Multi-Flex active head which ensures you get a proper shave regardless of the contours of the face. There’s also a built-in precision trimmer to get your mustache and sideburns looking just perfect.
- The Panasonic ES-LA93-K, Arc4 Multi-Flex men’s electric razor uses dual-motor shaving system with precision-honed 30° angle Nanotech blades for maximum durability and sharpness.
- If you are looking for a very fast shaver, this Panasonic ES-LA93-K does the job in the nick of time. It has a delivery time of around 14,000 cuts per minute on each blade, which translates to 56,000 cross-cutting actions per minute across 4 blades.
- The Multi-Flex, pivoting head of this shaver lets it give a thorough shaving job of your face, chin, neck and jaw. Also glides gently across facial contours for maximum comfort.
- This shaver can be used for both wet and dry shaving.
- This Panasonic ES-LA93-K can be cleaned with just a touch of button using the Premium Automatic Cleaning & Charging Station feature.
- It can be cleaned with running water also.
- The Panasonic ES-LA93 has a 10-stage LCD on the machine which makes it easy to check the Arc 4 razor power status, charge indicator, cleaning reminders as well as blade replacement reminders.
- The Panasonic ES-LA93-K doesn’t come cheap, if you are not ready to spend big bucks for quality, it’s not for you.
- Several users have complained of the shaver skipping some hairs around the neck region.
Panasonic ES8243A Arc4 Electric Razor, 4-Blade Cordless Shaver, Wet-Dry with Linear Motor and Flexible Pivoting Shaver Head
The Panasonic ES8243A Arc4 is another really good electric shaver we will talk about. This electric shaver sports Nanotech blades which can cut hairs more accurately and cleanly through the root than most other electric blades.
The ES8243A is also a wet/dry shaver, so no matter your preference; it would suit your needs. You could either shave with your favorite shaving gel or foam, or shave without if you are in a hurry.
The blades are made of stainless steel and are hypoallergenic, and carefully made to comfortably shave skin without causing irritations, no matter the skin type or sensitivity.
- The Panasonic ES8243A Arc4 electric razor utilizes precision-honed 30° angle Nanotech blades for maximum durability and sharpness. You are also guaranteed a comfortable shaving experience.
- This Panasonic ES8243A electric shaver can be used for both wet and dry shaving.
- The Multi-Flex, pivoting head of this shaver lets it give a thorough shaving job of your face, chin, neck and jaw. Also glides gently across the facial contour for maximum comfort.
- This shaver is 100% waterproof, and can even be cleaned with water.
- The ES8243A does a pretty fast job of shaving. It has a cutting speed of 13,000 cuts per minute which is pretty impressive.
- It features a 10-stage LCD to show razor status, pop-up trimmer, and charge indicator, cleaning reminders as well as blade replacement reminders and sonic vibration mode for quick, easy cleanup.
- Charges pretty fast, just about an hour.
- It’s a less-expensive alternative to the Panasonic ES-LA93-K electric shaver.
Battery life could be better.
Overall, the Braun series 9-9095cc electric razor claims the top spot on our list. This is basically because of its outstanding qualities, and its ability to closely shave without issues no matter the “problem areas” many other electric shavers can’t get to. Panasonic did a nice job with the ES-LA93-K electric shaver and thus it does well to give you a near perfect shave, but unlike the Braun series 9-9095cc electric razor, the Panasonic LA93-K seems to get it wrong sometimes and skips some hairs mostly around the neck area. The Panasonic ES8243A is a fair electric shaver with the issue of a pretty poor battery.