The Best Philips Electric Shavers
Men are required to stay sharp and smart at all times. One way of doing this is by having a regular shave if there are facial hairs springing up irregularly. Getting clean shaven requires you use a top-quality shaver. Once you’ve decided on getting a great shaver—maybe an electric shaver— your next stop should be getting a renowned brand that can get the job done. Enter Philips electric shavers.
This article seeks to throw some light on the best Philips electric shavers for men which should make having a clean shave less of a herculean task.
Philips Norelco Electric Shaver 2100, S1560/81
The Philips Norelco electric shaver 2100 is one of the best electric shavers on the market and a great shaver for any man looking for a clean cut. It has a 4-direction flex head which ensures the blades scrape just about everywhere on your face during its four-way movement. The shaver has a few interesting features, including;
- One-touch open, which can get the top opened and rinsed under the tap.
- The shaver uses a 4-direction flex head to ensure proper shave of all curves around the face and neck.
- It is lithium ion powered.
- A close cut blade system
- This shaver has a long-lasting lithium ion battery which could serve up to 7 days of steady usage on a full charge.
- A top feature most users praise about this shaver is its ability to be cleaned very easily. Just run some warm water over it and it’s good.
- Users also say it shaves pretty closely, though not as good as a blade, but it does get the job done decently.
- The company says the shaver uses self-sharpening blades, which are great
- The Philips Norelco Electric Shaver makes less noise compared to many other electric shavers.
- This shaver cannot be used when charging. If you want to use the shaver, you would need to unplug from a power source.
- The shaver could cause discomfort if you make multiple passes in some area (in the quest for a perfect shave).
Philips Norelco 8900 Electric Shaver
The Philips Norelco 8900 Electric Shaver is another great shaver from Philips. It is made to be a dual shaver, having both dry and wet shaving capabilities. The V-Track precision blade of the Norelco 8900 promises a close and comfortable shaving process. The blades are made in such a way as to easily flow through and explore the contours/curves of your face, and cut close to the skin. The blades cut about 20% more hair in a single pass and gets closer to the skin by about 30% more.
- The Philips Norelco 8900 uses V-Track Precision blades to cut hairs up to 30% closer
- The 8900 shaver is a quick charge shaver, and gets fully charged in just about 1 hour. That one hour of charging can last for weeks.
- You are buying a quality product backed with a full 2-year warranty
- The Norelco 8900 shaver has an LCD interface which displays battery level (3 steps), and travel lock.
- Uses contour detect technology to cut up to 20% more hair.
- The Philips Norelco shaver has a “click-on” beard styler which you could adjust up to 5 lengths.
- It is both a wet and dry shaver, so you can use depending on your preference.
- It is usually difficult shaving the chin area as this is a rotary shaver.
- The blades are pretty far apart, and some users complain of it not shaving very well because of this.
Philips Norelco 7700
The Philips Norelco 7700 is another winning product from Philips. This rotary electric shaver is one very quiet electric shaver that delivers a comfortable shave and doesn’t irritate skins (even sensitive skin). The Gentle Precision blades of the shaver carefully cut hairs while the comfort rings glide over the skin to reduce friction. The Norelco 7700 features Dynamic Flex technology sees the shaving heads move in five (5) direction; thus easily and comfortably running through the contours and curves of the face and neck. There are also five (5) styler attachments for shaving, and trimming of stubble to a short beard.
If you are looking for a lightweight shaver that does the job, the Norelco 7700 electric shaver is your perfect buddy.
- The charging time of the Norelco 7700 electric shaver is excellent and takes just about 50 minutes to 1 hour for a full charge.
- You can either clean it using the Smart Clean system, which should take between 10 to 20 minutes, or you just run the shaver under warm water once you are done shaving.
- This Norelco electric shaver can be used as either a dry shaver or a wet shaver (with foams, or lather).
- There’s a travel lock system to prevent it from accidentally turning on and wasting the battery.
- You get two years of warranty service once you purchase this product.
- The Smart Clean system (which we talked about earlier) not only cleans, but lubricates and charges the shaver.
- Battery status is displayed by a multi-level LED interface.
- There are many reports of the shaving heads coming off while being used.
- Won’t really do much work on coarse hairs
- Pretty expensive compared to other shavers
Philips is a great electric shaver maker and the three products here are all great products in their own rights. The Philips Norelco 2100 Electric Shaver tops the list in the budget sense, priced at less than $40; it gives a really good experience when shaving. The Philips Norelco 8900 Electric Shaver does well when it comes to having a closer shave. Unlike the Norelco 2100, it cuts more hairs and faster too. The Norelco 7700 is also a great electric shaver, however, it is pretty expensive compared to the other two, but it has a better handling of sensitive skin than the other two.