The only best shavers for men resource you will ever need
Men with beards are sometimes very fashionable, and keeping it that way requires a little attention to the hairy mass accumulated on the jaws and face. Shaving beards isn’t an option, especially when you look smart, say like Bradley Cooper.
There are so many shavers men can choose from, but picking the best shaver has always been quite a pain for men. This article seeks to throw some light on the best hair shavers for men available—both manual and electrical shavers which would make having a clean shave less of a herculean task.
What’s a shaver?
According to Merriam Webster dictionary, a shaver is a tool or device that is used to shave hair from your face, body or head. While a few other definitions uphold the belief that shavers are strictly electrical tools/equipment, anything thing which could remove hair from your face and body is practically a shaver.
There are both manual and electrical shavers available for men. This article however isn’t selective of the type of shaver available, but seeks to throw some light on some of the best shavers for men, citing their PROS and CONS and deciding the best fit for your shaving needs.
The best shavers for men
Dorco Pace 6 Plus – Six Blade Razor System with Trimmer
The Dorco pace 6 plus is interestingly the first six blades + trimmer in the world. It’s a manual shaver but is held in high esteem by users all over the world. The Dorco Pace 6 Plus utilizes wet-shaving technology and offers a “true” one-stroke shave solution for your overly growing hair problems. The ergonomic handle of this shaver makes it a recommended shaver for men looking for ease of use, and comfort when shaving.
- The world’s first six-blade shaver with ‘true’ one-stroke shaving ability
- Ergonomic handle to make shaving more comfortable
- The Dorco Pace 6 plus comes with an open flow cartridge for easy rinsing the after shaving.
- It contains a lubricating strip that packs Aloe vera, vitamin E and lavender oil.
- Rubber fins to prevent cuts and nicks.
- This Dorco shaver is a less-expensive alternative to some other brand names in the shaving genre.
- The ergonomic handle of the Dorco Pace 6 plus has been widely praised, and touted as one of the most comfortable shaving blade handle.
- If you are bothered about nicks and cuts, the Dorco Pace 6 plus system is built in a way to avoid giving you cuts and nicks when you are shaving.
- The pack of ten (10) cartridges lasts pretty long. You could use them for about 1 year if you shave weekly.
- Cleaning the Dorco 6 Pace shaver isn’t much of a problem, as it can easily be washed with just the pressure of running water.
A few users have complained about the shaver being too thick to properly shave the ear and sideburn areas.
Overall, the Dorco Pace 6 plus is a great deal for men looking to have a clean shave without cuts, and nicks. There’s also the long lasting and durability factor which should be considered when buying shavers. This shaver puts most other manual shavers and even electric shavers to shame with its premium feel, sharp, and long-lasting blades.
Next up is the Braun Series 7 790cc-4 Electric Foil Shaver which uses the world’s only intelligent sonic technology. This tech sees the shaver automatically increase its power when used to shave difficult areas. Unlike the Dorco Pace 6, this Braun series 7 790cc-4 shaver is an electric shaver and uses a lithium ion battery. The Braun series 7 790cc-4 electric foil shaver makes use of flexible blades which covers just about everywhere on your face with its fully pivoting head.
- The Braun series 7 790cc-4 shaver uses variable setting (3-steps) which you can adjust from mild to intense, depending on the toughness of the area.
- It’s a very sturdily built electric foil shaver, so you don’t have to worry about durability.
- Most users have commended the Braun series 7 790cc-4 shavers, citing it’s more comfortable than most shavers in its category.
- Built in a way to avoid or limit cuts and nicks, so you shouldn’t cut yourself when shaving.
- This Braun shaver utilizes an alcohol-based clean and charge mechanism which hygienically cleans, charges, and lubricates the shaver.
The Braun series 7 790cc-4 electric foil shaver is pretty expensive. If you are looking for a budget shaver, this isn’t your shaver.
The Philips Norelco Electric Shaver 2100 is another great shaver for any man looking for a clean cut. It has a 4-direction flex head which ensures the blades scrape just about everywhere on your face during its four-way movement. The shaver has a few interesting features, including;
- One touch open, which can get the top opened and rinsed under the tap.
- The shaver uses 4-direction flex head to ensure proper shave of all curves around the face and neck.
- It is lithium ion powered.
- A close cut blade system
- This shaver has a long lasting lithium ion battery which could serve up to 7 days steady usage on a full charge.
- A top feature most users praise about this shaver is its ability to be cleaned very easily. Just run some warm water over it and its good.
- Users also say it shaves pretty closely, though not as good as a blade, but it does get the job done decently.
- The company says the shaver uses self-sharpening blades, which are great.
- The Philips Norelco Electric Shaver makes less noise compared to many other electric shavers.
- This shaver cannot be used when charging. If you want to use the shaver, you would need to unplug from a power source.
- The shaver could cause discomfort if you make multiple passes in some area (in the quest for a perfect shave).
If you are all for a manual blade shaver, the Dorco 6 Pace is a great buy, and tries to function similar to an electric shaver. It also tries to avoid cuts and nicks, which is a major issue with manual, blade razor shavers. Also, the price puts it on the top of the list, as it beats most known brand shavers in efficiency, yet cuts loads of cost. The Braun series 7 790cc-4 electric shaver comes second on this list and is also a great product. However, it is pretty pricey, with some users claiming it isn’t a close shaver. The Philips Norelco Electric Shaver doesn’t disappoint, but a few users say it’s a bit uncomfortable and oddly, the shaver can’t be used while charging.