Ultimate resource for the best beard shavers
Having a beard comes with the stressful task of maintaining it, shaving them off is one of the best alternatives available to folks who are not exactly appreciative of the hairy mass springing out of their face and chin.
There are a lot of beard shavers on the market today, some are great, others are not as impressive, causing irritations, cuts and nicks, and some don’t even give a proper shave.
This article seeks to enlighten curious enthusiasts on some of the best beard shavers available, citing their pros, cons, and comparing them to each other as to where each is more favored.
The Panasonic ER-GB80-S Body and Beard electric shaver is one of the best beard shavers on the market. The shaver promises a clean, precision trim for the beard. This multi-shaving item is tailored for any beard length and thickness. It has a quick adjust dial with three comb attachments for beards, hair and mustaches.
There are 39 trim settings you can choose from (0.5mm to 20mm) for a smooth, apt trimming, clipping, sculpting and overall detailing, so your decision greatly influences how your shaving turns out. The shaving blades are placed at a 45-degree angle to give room for a super-sharp hair and beard shaving experience.
The blades are made of premium hypo-allergenic stainless steel which provides a comfortable, non-irritating trimming no matter the type of skin and sensitivity.
The multi-tasking Panasonic ER-GB80-S electric shaver/trimmer is rechargeable and can be used for up to 50 minutes on a 1-hour charge. It can also be plugged into an AC power source for a longer use. Cleaning of the electric beard trimmer/shaver is pretty simple and quick. Just clean under running water, and then clean with the added cleaning brush. There’s an LED indicator attached to the shaver’s ergonomic, sure-grip handle which indicates the charging progress, and the level of available battery power anytime the shaver is being used when not connected to a power source. The ER-GB80 is a great travel companion and package includes an AC charger to charge the Ni-MH battery of the shaver on the go.
- This Panasonic ER-GB80 electric beard and hair trimmer is an award-winning shaver/trimmer and uses durable, super-sharp 45-degree angle stainless steel blades for easy, quick and efficient cutting of beards, body and hair trimming.
- The ergonomic design of this beard and hair trimmer puts it among the most comfortable electric blades.
- The battery life is pretty decent, with 50 minutes usage on a 1-hour charge. It can also be used while plugged in to a power source.
- The shaver is portable and can fit into a grooming kit.
- The quick-adjust dial of this Panasonic trimmer provides different settings for a precise shave. There are 39 precision settings for personalized sculpting, trimming, and detailing.
The Philips Norelco Multigroom 5100 is another great beard and hair shaver that effectively gets the work done. This shaver is turbo-powered and versatile, suiting just about any style you want. You are not limited to just beard shaving, as this equipment has about 7 tools for an all-in-one styling. There are hair clipping combs, beard combs, mini-foil shaver, nose trimmer, stubble comb, a full-size metal guard trimmer, and a detail trimmer included in the package. The blades of the Multigroom 5100 are self-sharpening and made of finely ground chromium steel, thus you are ensured of a long-lasting usage. The rounded blade tips are skin friendly and the combs try to avoid irritations of the skin.
There are 18 built-in length settings, allowing you the flexibility of choosing the exact setting to give you any facial styling you require. The shaver uses a rechargeable lithium ion battery which supplies up to 60 minutes of usage after a 1-hour charge. The device is washable, thus cleaning is pretty easy—just rinse under running water after usage.
The Multigroom 5100 has a 45-day risk-free trial for interested users, and if you are satisfied, you get a 2-year warranty after your purchase. The Philips Norelco Multigroom 5100 packaging includes the electric trimmer; a full-sized metal guard trimmer; a nose trimmer; a detail trimmer; a mini-foil shaver; a hair clipping comb; power cord; stubble comb; travel pouch; cleaning brush; and beard comb.
- This is an all-in-one shaver and features some useful tools like a foil shaver, nose trimmer, mini-foil shaver, beard comb, hair clipping comb, and more.
- The blades of the shaver are self-sharpening and are pretty long lasting, made of ground chromium steel.
- Features turbo boost for shaving, even thick hairs.
- The lithium ion battery is long lasting and charges fast too, lasting up to 60 minutes on a 1-hour charge.
- The trimmer leaves cuts and nicks the skin during shaving.
- A few users have complained about the attachment locking system which they say wears out quickly making the beard trimmer somewhat useless after a few months.
- If you are looking a more precise shaver, this isn’t your ideal shaver, as it grabs hairs a lot.
- The shaver gets noisy after consistent usage.
The Philips Norelco Multigroom Series 3100 comes third on the list for good reasons. While this is an inexpensive, and pretty good electric blade, it has its flaws which we will cover in the cons section of this review.
The Philips Norelco Multigroom 3100 is an all-in-one shaver/trimmer and has 5 precise tools for an apt facial styling including a beard comb, a full-size trimmer, nose trimmer, stubble comb and a detail trimmer. The blades are self-sharpening and are made of finely ground chromium steel, thus you are ensured of long-lasting usage. It also uses rounded blade tips which are skin friendly and the combs try to avoid irritations of the skin.
There are 18 built-in length settings, allowing you the flexibility of choosing the exact setting to give you any facial styling you require. The shaver uses a rechargeable battery which supplies up to 35 minutes of usage after 10 hours of charging. The device is washable, thus cleaning is pretty easy—just rinse under running water after usage.
The Multigroom 3100 also has a 45-day risk-free trial for interested users, and you get a 2-year warranty after your purchase. The Philips Norelco Multigroom 3100 packaging includes the electric trimmer; a full sized metal guard trimmer; a nose trimmer; a detail trimmer; a mini-foil shaver; a hair-clipping comb; power cord; stubble comb; travel pouch; cleaning brush; and beard comb.
- This multi-groom is great for trimming beards, ear and nose hairs.
- It is a fairly inexpensive beard shaver.
- The shaver is water resistant and can be rinsed under running water.
- There are 18 length settings available for flexibility of use
You get just 35 minutes of use after over 10 hours of charge—a pretty poor battery life.
The Panasonic ER-GB80-S body and beard electric shaver is one of the best beard shavers on the market. The shaver promises a clean, precision trim for the beard. It has more features than most other beard shavers on the market. Compared to the Philips Norelco Series 5100 and Series 3100, the ER-GB80 offers a more precise close shave, as well a comfortable, and cut free shaving experience.