How to find the best electric foil shavers
Electric shavers are a great way to keep your face and body clean shaven. However, electric shavers are of two types, the rotary shavers and the foil shavers.
Determining the right electric shaver is one part of the job and choosing the perfect shaver is another. Both types of electric shavers are great, however, the foil shaver is the better choice if you want to have the feel of a close shave and experts say that foil shavers give an almost-skin feel of shaving with a blade.
This article seeks to throw some light on the best foil shavers for men which should get you that close shave.
Braun Series 7 790cc-4 Electric Foil Shaver for Men with Clean and Charge Station
The first electric foil shaver on the list is a Braun product. The Braun Series 7 790cc-4 Electric Foil Shaver, which is similar to the Braun series 7 760cc-4 electric foil shaver below, uses the world’s only intelligent sonic technology. This tech sees the shaver automatically increase its power when used to shave difficult areas. This Braun series 7 790cc-4 shaver is an electric shaver which uses a lithium-ion battery. The Braun series 7 790cc-4 electric foil shaver makes use of flexible blades which covers just about everywhere on your face with its fully pivoting head. It is also a 5-action shaver system which uses an alcohol-based clean and charge station to hygienically clean, charge and lubricate the shaver. It also features an LCD display.
- The Braun Series 7 790cc-4 shaver uses variable setting (3-steps) which you can adjust from mild to intense, depending on toughness of the area.
- It’s a very sturdily built electric foil shaver, so you don’t have to worry about durability.
- Most users have commended the Braun series 7 790cc-4 shavers, citing it’s more comfortable than most shavers in its category.
- Built in a way to avoid or limit cuts and nicks, so you shouldn’t cut yourself when shaving.
- This Braun shaver utilizes an alcohol-based clean and charge mechanism which hygienically cleans, charges, and lubricates the shaver.
The Braun series 7 790cc-4 electric foil shaver, unlike the 7 760cc shaver, is a bit costly. If you are on a budget, then you should consider the series 7 760cc shaver instead.
Braun Series 7 760cc-4 Electric Foil Shaver for Men with Clean & Charge Station
Next comes the Braun Series 7 760cc foil shaver. This shaver does a terrific job of close shaving. The Braun series 7 760cc-4 electric foil shaver has flexible cutting system which is mounted on a fully pivoting head that goes 4-ways. It is also a 5-action shaver system which uses an alcohol-based clean and charge station to hygienically clean, charge and lubricate the shaver. With the touch of button, you can also select a cleaning program to properly clean the shaver and dry it as well. The series 7 760cc features 2 LED displays.
The Braun Series 7 760cc-4 electric foil shaver has a few outstanding features including:
- The Braun Series 7 760 uses an intelligent sonic technology that automatically increases the shaving power when used on tougher, denser hairs and difficult areas.
- Uses a feature called ActiveLift trimmer to get flat-lying hairs in problem areas
- Features OptiFoil which cuts hair to up to 0.05mm for the perfect closeness
- Perfect shave guaranteed thanks to synergized foil and blades
- Easy to clean with water.
- The Braun Series 7 760cc knows just when to exert more power thanks to its intelligent sonic technology which seeks out denser hairs and difficult areas.
- With the Braun series 7 760cc OptiFoil, you get a good close shave, and tackle all tough hairs and flat-lying hairs with ActiveLift.
- The battery life of the series 7 760cc is pretty remarkable offering up to 50 minutes of shaving after each charge.
- This shaver comes with a cleaning and charging station, so you don’t have to worry about getting it cleaned up after use.
- No skin irritations, cuts or nicks when using the Braun Series 7 760cc shaver.
- Plastic breaks down after some time (month/years) depending on usage.
- Some Afro-Americans reports that the shaver is abrasive to their skin.
Remington F5-5800 Foil Shaver, Men’s Electric Razor, Electric Shaver
The Remington F5-5800 electric foil shaver is a very inexpensive shaver that tries to get the job done. While it cannot be compared to top foil shavers like the Braun series 7 760 shaver, it does try to be comfortable and efficient in shaving.
The Remington F5-5800 foil-style rechargeable electric shaver doesn’t come with frills but it promises a smooth, clean shave on use. Starting the shaver is an easy off/on button. One good thing about the Remington F5-5800 is the fact that it is water proof and can be easily rinsed using warm water after usage. The shaving head uses Remington’s own patented pivot and flex interceptor technology which lets its steel foils pivot and move easily with the contours of the face.
If you are seeking an inexpensive wet or dry electric shaver, the Remington F5-5800 has you covered.
- The Remington F5-5800 can be used either with cord or cordlessly, giving you flexible and convenient ways to shave.
- You can get a full shave with just a 5-minute quick charge.
- The Remington F5-5800 can be charged in 60 minutes and offers up to 20 days of shaving between charges.
- This shaver is washable, and water resistant.
- It is both a wet and dry shaver.
- Features Intercept Shaving Technology which helps the foil to pre-trim longer hairs thus gives room for a closer shave.
- The pivot and flex in the shaver head can be adjusted to enable it main close contact with the jaw line, chin and the neck.
The Remington foil shaver has a loose head. You would need to use it lightly to avoid it falling off during usage.
If you are most concerned about having a close shave, then the Braun Series 7 790cc foil shaver is the top choice. Of course you should be ready to pay top dollar for the best because it doesn’t come with the same price tag as other foil shavers reviewed. The Braun Series 7 760cc is also a great buy, except some users—Afro-Americans—are of the opinion that it is abrasive to their skins. The Remington Shaver is fair deal with an inexpensive price tag, in all honesty, its major flaw (for its price) is the issue of its loose head, which comes off if you hold it a little hard against your skin.